Eligibility Conditions and Other Restrictions:
|Eligibility Condition And Other Restrictions|
For Basic plan
1. Minimum Basic Sum Assured : Rs. 100,000
2. Maximum Basic Sum Assured : No Limit
(The Basic Sum Assured shall be in multiples of Rs. 5000/-)
3.Minimum Age at entry for Life Assured : 13 years (completed)
4.Maximum Age at entry for Life Assured : 45 years (nearest birthday)
5.Maximum Maturity Age for Life Assured : 70 years (nearest birthday)
6.Term : 25 years
7.Premium paying term : 20 years
For LIC’s Accidental Death and Disability Benefit Rider
1. Minimum Accident Benefit Sum Assured : Rs. 100,000
2. Maximum Accident Benefit Sum Assured : An amount equal to the Basic Sum assured under the Basic Plan subject to the maximum of Rs.100 lakh overall limit taking all existing policies of the Life Assured under individual as well as group schemes including policies with inbuilt accident benefit taken with Life Insurance Corporation of India and the Accident Benefit Sum Assured under the new proposal into consideration.
(The Accident Benefit Sum Assured shall be in multiples of Rs. 5000/-)
3. Minimum Age at entry for Life Assured : 18 years (completed)
4. Maximum Age at entry for Life Assured : The cover can be opted for at any policy anniversary during the premium paying term.
5. Maximum cover ceasing age : 70 years (nearest birthday)
Payment of Premiums:
Premiums can be paid regularly at yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly mode (through ECS only) or through salary deductions over the term of policy. However, a grace period of one month but not less than 30 days will be allowed for yearly, half-yearly, quarterly modes and 15 days for monthly mode of premium payment.
Mode and High S.A. Rebates:
Yearly mode - 2% of Tabular Premium Half-yearly mode - 1% of Tabular premium Quarterly & Salary deduction - NIL
High Sum Assured Rebate:
Basic Sum Assured (B.S.A) - Rebate (Rs.) 1,00,000 to 1,95,000 - Nil 2,00,000 to 4,95,000 - 2.00 %o B.S.A. 5,00,000 and above - 3.00%o B.S.A.
If premiums are not paid within the grace period then the policy will lapse. A lapsed policy can be revived within a period of 2 consecutive years from the date of first unpaid premium but before the date of maturity by paying all the arrears of premium together with interest (compounding half-yearly) at such rate as fixed by the Corporation from time to time subject to submission of satisfactory evidence of continued insurability. The Corporation reserves the right to accept at original terms, accept at revised terms or decline the revival of a discontinued policy. The revival of discontinued policy shall take effect only after the same is approved by the Corporation and is specifically communicated to the Policyholder. Revival of rider(s), if opted for, will be considered along with revival of the Basic Policy and not in isolation.
If at least three full years’ premiums have been paid and any subsequent premiums be not duly paid, this policy shall not be wholly void, but shall continue as a paid-up policy. The Basic Sum Assured under the policy shall be reduced to such a sum, called Paid-up Sum Assured and shall be equal to [(Number of premiums paid / Total Number of premiums payable) x Basic Sum Assured] less Total amount of survival benefits already paid under the policy.
The policy so reduced shall thereafter be free from all liabilities for payment of the premiums, but shall not be entitled to participate in future profits. However, the vested Simple Reversionary Bonuses shall remain attached to the reduced paid-up policy.
Notwithstanding the benefits available under a fully inforce policy, in the case of a reduced paid up policy, no survival benefits shall be payable and the paid-up value along with the vested Simple Reversionary Bonuses, if any, shall be payable only in lump-sum on the expiry of policy term or death of life assured, if earlier.
Rider(s) shall not acquire any paid-up value and the rider benefits cease to apply, if policy is in lapsed condition.
The policy can surrendered for cash provided atleast three full years’ premiums have been paid. The Guaranteed Surrender value shall be percentage of total premiums paid (net of service tax) excluding extra premiums and premiums for riders, if opted for less any survival benefits already paid. This percentage will depend on the policy year in which the policy is surrendered. In addition, the surrender value of any vested Simple Reversionary Bonuses, if any, shall also be payable, which is equal to vested bonuses multiplied by the surrender value factor applicable to vested bonuses. Corporation may, however, pay Special Surrender value, if it is more favorable to the Policyholder.
Loan can be availed under the policy provided the policy has acquired a surrender value and subject to the terms and conditions as the Corporation may specify from time to time.
Taxes including Service Tax, if any, shall be as per the Tax laws and the rate of tax shall be as applicable from time to time. The amount of tax as per the prevailing rates shall be payable by the Policyholder on premiums including extra premiums, if any. The amount of tax paid shall not be considered for the calculation of benefits payable under the plan.
If the Policyholder is not satisfied with the “Terms and Conditions”, policy may be returned to us within 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy bond stating the reasons of objections. On receipt of the same the Corporation shall cancel the policy and return the amount of premium deposited after deducting proportionate risk premium (for basic plan and rider(s), if any) for the period on cover, expenses incurred on medical examination, special reports, if any and stamp duty charges.
- This policy shall be void » If the Life Assured (whether sane or insane) commits suicide at any time within 12 months from the date of commencement of risk and the Corporation will not entertain any claim under this policy except to the extent of 80% of the premiums paid excluding any taxes, extra premium and rider premiums, if any, provided the policy is inforce. » If the Life Assured (whether sane or insane) commits suicide within 12 months from date of revival, an amount which is higher of 80% of the premiums paid till the date of death (excluding any taxes, extra premium and rider premiums, if any,) or the surrender value, provided the policy is inforce, shall be payable. The Corporation will not entertain any other claim under this policy.
Disclaimer: The above information is general information of policy. Policy will governed by terms and condition issued by LIC OF INDIA